Up until I had a friend tell me about seitan I had no clue what it was. I don’t think I had ever even heard of it to be honest. It has now become almost a staple to have once a week. The things you can do with it is after it is cooked is amazing. A high protein option that is relatively cheap and easy to whip up. I make a numerous amount of dishes using the left overs, from stir-fry’s to bacon! Try it out and let me know what you think! If you have had it before, leave me a comment about your experience 😊
💥2 cups of vital wheat gluten
💥1 cup nutritional yeast
💥1 tsp cumin
💥1.5 tbsp garlic powder
💥1 tbsp onion powder
💥1 tsp paprika
💥1 tsp sage
💥1.5 cup mushroom broth
💥 .5 cup water
💥 1/4 cup ketchup
💥 2 tbsp olive oil
💥 2 tbsp soy sauce
💥 Optional: I add about 1 tbsp of liquid smoke to change the flavor.
1) Pre-heat oven to 325f
2) Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl
3) Mix all wet ingredients in a bowl
4) Slowly add wet ingredients to the dry mixing as you go.
5) Kneed the mixture on a table surface for a few minutes to ensure all clumps are out.
6) Make the dough into a tube shape and roll up in tin foil.
7) Place in the oven for 45min then flip it and continue to cook for another 45min.
8) Let it cool off and slice to desired thickness.
Macros for whole dish: